Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Trip to Fiesta Foods

I was torn today between two carbs. I went to Fiesta Foods after work to grab some tomatoes for guacamole, but decided to stop and get some pan from the panaderia since Fiesta Foods is the largest Mexican supermarket in town and I know the pan is made fresh. So I grabbed two pastries and wandered around the store before heading to the cashier. Lo and behold the aisle I strolled down was the cereal aisle, and the first box to catch my eye was Capt'n Crunch with Berries, my childhood favorite. I haven't had the Crunch in years, but even the sight of the box brought the memories back. I had to have it. After paying for my purchases I walked through the automatic doors wondering which to break in first. I was tempted to start munching on the pan while I walked out to my car, but thought I would look too desperate/greedy. Should I bust open the Capt'n Crunch? Oooh, I wanted those berries. Smell links memories much stronger than any other sense, but fresh pan did sound enticing.

I ended up biting into the pan just because it was easier to eat while I drove home. Totally worth it. I'm excited about the Captain tomorrow morning.

PS: I did buy two tomatoes. Can't have good guacamole without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment