Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh me of little faith

This is really a formal apology to God. I know it doesn't make any difference to Him if it's done privately or for all the world to see, but it is such a great lesson, I thought I'd share it with the rest of you as well. You see, last night I was nearly having an anxiety attack because I felt so much pressure from several people (including myself) to get a substituting job. As if I haven't been working hard enough trying to make connections with schools in order to secure said jobs (which I have. I swear.) Anyway, with all the stress surmounting, I cried out to God for peace. That was all I wanted -- peace -- and the knowledge that I was doing the right thing by staying here in Monmouth.

Well guess what? God granted me that peace and the very sign I was looking for: a sub job for today. All day. Which means I'll be $150 richer (give or take whatever the government steals from me in taxes). I got the call bright and early to take over a former colleague's English class for the day.

God, I am sorry I ever doubted you. I know you promised to take care of your children and I had nothing to be worried about. I know you didn't need to prove yourself to me, but you did. For that I say thank you. Grant me humility and carry me when I am weak. You are great. Thanks.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment