Friday, February 12, 2010

Airlie 7

To keep myself accountable to one of my New Years resolutions, I decided to record every drinking event of the year for you to see. As you recall, one of the things on my list is to only drink on twelve occasions this entire year. I'm not a big drinker, so keeping the stints down to twelve is going to be a breeze (not to mention healthier).

On Wednesday, February 10, I had my first drink of the year during my first visit to The Crush with some friends. I was pleasantly surprised with the new wine bar in town -- not only were the owners personal and friendly, but the classy ambiance was definitely top notch. As much as I admired the brick walls and naked lady pictures on them, it was really the company that made the evening more than enjoyable. Although the occasion wasn't particularly "special," I was proud to make that my first drink of the year. After a taste of the 7, recommended by a new acquaintance, I promptly asked for a full glass of Airlie 7. I didn't think I was much of a white wine drinker, but since I like 'em sweet, I trusted the connoisseur at the table and was not disappointed with the 7.

Good evening -- having a glass of wine with friends and new acquaintances, learning about each other, and discussing the finer points of Oregon wine, rugby, and Idaho. I'd say it was a success. I felt like I was in the middle crowd though, with three people people a good ten years older than me, and the other three still in their undergrad. Is this what limbo is like? No matter, I enjoyed my 7, enjoyed the brick walls, and most of all, enjoyed the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment