Monday, February 22, 2010

Now and Then

A very important decision has to be made soon. I'm not sure how soon, but the time is creeping up, and it just might take me by surprise. You see, I have been applying for teaching positions all over Asia and the South Pacific -- everywhere from China to Saipan -- and miracle of all miracles, they have responded. Having job options is an unbelievable blessing, but also an unbelievable burden. I don't know what to do. Now that I have so many choices, I am worried that I won't make the right one. I am sure that wherever I go, I can make the best out of the situation, but I know I will be plagued with "what if" thoughts -- what if I went to another school in another country? What would it be like? What if I chose a different school? Would it alter life-changing decisions that I would have made at a different school?
I really should be happy -- if not humbled -- that I am given a choice of schools to teach at. But I am stressed out. There are pros and cons to each offered position. It is simply a matter of deciding which choice I can live with. I will be making my bed soon, and must lie in it.

I pray not for a bed of roses, but for a hammock that will sway in the wind and soften the blow of any storm.

2 comments:

  1. In this case, follow the food. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere you go is going to be an incredible experience and opportunity. Prayfully consider where God is going to use you the best. His will and timing are perfect. I can't wait to see where He is going to lead you!

    Phil. 4:6-7 A life verse that I constantly come back to reminded that my God is in control. Love you!

    ReplyDelete