Friday, October 30, 2009

I couldn't leave my mark

I tried leaving my mark at Central High (literally), but instead it left its very permanent mark on me.

Central High School has been in a rebuilding mode all year -- new rooms, sidewalks, buildings, and of course, cement. As our department made our way through the construction zone toward the district office, I somehow managed to dig both heels into very wet cement. The best part was that the cement was right outside the classroom I teach, so I thought it to be quite convenient. A happy accident. And so I left my print, hoping the construction workers wouldn't notice the deep 7 1/2 heel marks in the blobbing gray cement, and continued on to the district office. On my way back curiosity got the best of me, and I had to check my mark. It turns out I wasn't as permanent as I thought. The construction workers found my prints, and ruthlessly paved over my John Hancock. I was devastated to say the least. The only thing I have left to show for it is the dried cement dust stuck to my nice black flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment