Monday, October 19, 2009

Epic failure

Today has been eventful. More than eventful, today has been a series of one failure after another. The only silver lining I see is that I just made chili. And it is delicious.

Things I didn't accomplish today:
1) Teach my classes at the high school
2) Prepare adequate lesson plans for my mentor teacher
3) Prepare handout for Literacy presentation for grad cohort
4) Coach my soccer girls through their game
5) Go to powder-puff football practice
6) Go to women's bible study

Things I halfway accomplished today:
1) Gave a group presentation with little preparation
2) Sent last-minute lesson plans to my mentor teacher
3) Showed up to the soccer game just as the whistle was blown to end the game
4) Prepared(ish) lesson plans for tomorrow


Oh, and I just found out my neighbor across the courtyard is one of my students. Great, now I can't walk around my apartment naked.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I kinda felt like today was an epic fail too. The whole day felt like a waste of time I didn't have to spare, and even student health services was giving me a hard time. Got home so late I had to eat dinner in front of the computer to finish my presentation for tomorrow. Remember, it's all about hoop jumping...and right now they've lit the hoop on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think 2.5 hours on grant writing was appropriate for teachers not even employed yet... 'cause that's what every principal wants to know, whether you completed that workshop or not. I really want those hours of my life back.

    ReplyDelete