Sunday, October 25, 2009

Choosing solitude over friendship


Today I have come to the conclusion that I am not fit for friendship. I am not trying to be facetious, but find it to be remarkably true.

1) I'm a homebody: I enjoy spending time by myself at home either reading, catching up on tv, or writing.
2) When it comes to going out, I need to know ahead of time otherwise I don't care to get dressed up at 11 pm.
3) I used to care what people thought about me, but recently I've noticed that I don't even careI don't care if you're mad at me, I don't care if I've offended you. I don't care about anything but my own laid plans.
4) As previously inferred, I am selfish. I have my own plans and I intend to carry them out. If you don't want to go along with them, then fine, do your own thing and I'll do mine.
5) I HATE confrontation. I can't handle it; I really can't. So instead of telling people how I really feel, I choose to avoid and ignore them until I am over my irritation and can see them again without being mad. Yes, I am a coward. I admit that freely.
6) After I realize that people are flaky, I generally don't waste my time on them. Makes my life infinitely simpler.

And since I enjoy the simple life, I have discovered that I don't necessarily need friends. They make things so complicated and I can handle life just fine on my own.
what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment