Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ponderings of a single woman...

So there are a few things that I've been throwing around in my brain these last couple days; the topic generally revolving around the differences between men and women: the single most interesting subject on the face of the planet.

The first conclusion I've come to: men are the superior athlete. I understand that this is no big surprise for many of you, but the significance lies in the fact that I'M admitting this openly and with complete humbleness. As an athlete myself, I have been struggling against this fact my entire life, challenging all men who would deem me an inadequate match in any sport. However, now that I have had years to observe sports between men and women both on and off the field, I have come to the sound conclusion that men are undeniably superior in the realm of athletics. They have the speed and finesse that can only be described as beautiful and awe-inspiring (when done right).
On the other side of the physical pendulum, women still hold the title for grace on the dance floor. Men may be suave, but they don't hold a candle to the seductive, sassy, sway of a woman when she moves across the floor (by the way, that was consonance in action).

Moving away from the physical differences, I've slowly been made aware of how easy it is to....manipulate men (for lack of a more tactful term). Now, I don't mean to be offensive with that statement; however, for some resourceful women, it is not difficult to enlist men to do whatever they want. A little bit of playing helpless mixed in with a healthy dose of ego feeding and a bit of good ole fashioned flirting go a LONG way in achieving goals. I'm not saying I've had much experience in this practice, but I don't think it would be too difficult if I really wanted to. So seeing this trend, it's a wonder to me that women don't rule the world. Not trying to be feminist about things, but if women can sway men so easily, what is holding us back? Tradition? I'm sure we've kicked that in the pants when we took care of civil rights.

My future life goal: take over my own small part of the world simply by using what God gave me: feminine wiles.

1 comment: