Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ravings of a student teacher:

Some things I've learned while at school:
  • No matter how crummy a teacher's salary is, it's still money. I could sure use some.
  • Students don't actually care about the parts of speech. They care about using certain parts of speech (preferably vulgar adjectives and pronouns)
  • No one actually cares how you dress for school. Therefore, I have become quite the expert on rolling out of bed twenty minutes before I need to leave for school.
  • There is absolutely no respect for teachers anymore. With so many laws in place, students can walk all over teachers and we can't do a damn thing about it.
  • Students need to get over themselves. Yes you. Believe me, you're not all that.
  • The perfect class size is fifteen to twenty students -- that way I can pay attention to all of them and actually care whether or not they are succeeding. Currently I do not.
  • And the most important thing I've learned: lunch is the only time in the eight hour work day to have intellectual conversations. Savor those thirty minutes while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment