Monday, November 2, 2009

From Soy Chai to Raspberry Wine

I've been sitting here in the same recliner for the last four hours and only managed to grade one stack of papers. Although I've taken a few small breaks to watch movie clips and whatnot, I've been working slowly (but steadily) through these tests. Since I've been sitting here for so long, I've been working up a terrible thirst and I did not have anything within arms-length to drink; so as a reward I decided to make myself some chai tea. Chai is delicious, but it is very thick and didn't quite satisfy my cravings for liquid refreshment.
After downing the tea, I realized that I have an unopened bottle of raspberry wine -- my absolute favorite -- sitting in the kitchen. I could have been drinking wine, relaxing, and enjoying the tedious task of grading papers much more than this slow progression to death with chai. But no, I chose the thick, creamy taste of soybeans and vanilla-flavored tea over the muscle-relaxing zing of fermented raspberries.
And I still have three more folders full of papers to grade.

I loathe myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment