Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kids aren't like dogs

No matter what they tell you, owning a pet is nothing like having a kid -- not that I have experience in either one. But I think if I had the choice, I would prefer a dog over a baby; however, not for the reasons you may think. Dogs love unconditionally. They may crave attention all the time, but they don't need it. Babies, on the other hand, crave attention constantly and need it even more often. You have to pay careful attention to them and love them openly, otherwise they will not reciprocate. Dogs, however, will always love you, always be eager to be with you -- even though you don't show them any attention. In order not to expend exuberant amounts of energy for the sake of receiving any love in return, I would rather have a dog around the house to love me than a baby. Besides, they're less maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment