Monday, November 16, 2009

Question of the day

"Miss Scott, do you go to college parties?"
"Western doesn't have college parties, idiot." Another student chimed in.
"I agree with him, Western doesn't have parties," I smiled dismissively.
"So does that mean you don't go to parties?"
"Nah, I don't do parties."
"See, I told you she was boring," a girl whispered to her neighbor.

You heard it hear first, folks: I am boring. You know, I would rather students think I am as boring as a bump on a log than a raging party animal. Who can respect a woman like that -- especially since they already don't respect me since I don't "look like a teacher". I guess there goes my reputation as a "fun" teacher -- not that I ever was a fun teacher. Alas, I will ever be known as a boring twenty-something who never took advantage of her college years. My loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment