Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Race of a Lifetime

I jogged today. It was probably less than a quarter mile, but it's the farthest I've jogged in a month.

I'm right proud of myself.
I had geared myself to walk and really psyched myself for some hard-core power-walking with my sister, but in the last stretch, I decided to up the pace and jog my way to my car. My little fat dog came running after me (sis had him by the leash and decided against the run), but he was kind enough to keep pace with me and not dart ahead. In fact, he stayed three steps behind me with his little blue leash trailing after him. The path curved this way and that, but I finally saw my car in the distance -- half in the shade of a giant oak, and half soaking up the much appreciated sun. I kept jogging until I reached the hood of my car and came to a dead stop. Not one for a cool-down walk, I waited between the park railing and my car until my sister could join us. My little dog was panting, but seemed to enjoy his short jog.
Now I can say I exercised today. No matter how short it lasted, I'm bound to have burned some calories today. Now I'm off to a friend's BBQ where I'll be eating back those much-missed calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment