Monday, April 19, 2010

Remind Me

I am posting this so it is recorded for all time, (or as long as my blog lasts on the world wide web).

Remind me these things when the appropriate time comes along:

1. I have standards, and I shouldn't feel ashamed of them.

2. "Babe" and "Baby" will not be part of my vocabulary when referring to my future significant other. Please slap me upside the head if I utter these words.

3. I will not talk down to my future husband, have the last word, or otherwise wear the pants in our relationship. That's what he's there for. If I wanted to make all the decisions, I would have stayed single.

4. Some things are better left unsaid. If I can treat others better by biting my tongue and keeping some things to myself, then so be it.

5. Tact and dignity are always better than speaking your mind. Keep it classy!

6. BUT sometimes the occasion will call for absolute honesty. Don't be afraid.

7. When all else fails, revert to two thoughts: I'm a woman, therefore I will somehow always get my way, and my way might actually by your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment