Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools

Yes, I know today is April 2nd (not typically a day wrought with pranks), but I didn't pull any pranks yesterday.

And I'm not planning on pulling any pranks today either.

But what I noticed about yesterday is that people are getting far more lazy and more generic with their April Fools pranks. Most of it consisted of people changing their facebook relationship status to being engaged, married, or even the occasional divorce. The sad thing is, everyone bought it! Not one to believe facebook any other day of the year, I was less inclined to put any stock in updates and status changes on the Day of Fools. Let me tell you, by the 6th "engaged" heart I saw, I was not only unsurprised, but bored.

Surely there are more imaginitive and inspirational pranks that can be pulled. Something creative that's never been done....and please, let me remind you -- facebook is not a suitable playing field for pranks.

2 comments:

  1. Like when Kelly killed himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here to post that, but Paddy beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete