Monday, March 29, 2010

Just another day in paradise

Well, not really. Actually it's hard-core winds and a smattering of rain -- I don't know if that's your idea of paradise, but it certainly isn't mine.

I'm sitting here in my dining room, or rather my parents dining room, and have been wondering what to do first. I've already made the list in my head several hours ago (ever since I realized I would not be substituting today and decided I needed to be somewhat productive today), but have no desire or inclination to get started on it. It should be a typical day really, just a bit of reading, guitar playing, working on my story, taking care of yet another speeding ticket (thanks to a lovely town called Hermiston), and a few phone calls pertaining to my employment verification. Oh, and of course a lovely dance with the dishes. Somehow they will be clean....whether it's by my hand or not I can not say. I have no concrete plans, however, I should do something productive and workout, but as I said before, I really don't care to do anything. I suppose once you're a master, there is no reason to practice the skills I've worked so hard to hone (i.e.: being a good teacher).
So while I contemplate whether anything on my list contains even a pinch of "sanuk" (Thai for enjoyment, pleasure, a 'good time'), I'm going to get off my rear and do the dishes -- because I KNOW that activity is void of sanuk, but it must be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment