Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yawn Interrupted.


It really irritates me when I can't get out a perfect yawn on account of being interrupted by someone or something.

Picture this: I gear up for a fantastic yawn by slowly taking a deep breath, then open my mouth until I nearly get lock-jaw while simultaneously popping my ears. This is just the set up I need to let out a truly wondrous yawn.

But then a car honks while passing me on Main Street, distracting me for a moment, and completely ruining a perfectly good yawn. I am left irritatingly unsatisfied, the car wasn't even honking at me, and now I have half a yawn still trapped inside me. Yawns are important in the way that I feel I am releasing some sleepy energy (yes I'm aware of the contradiction in terms). When I yawn during the day, I expect to get rid of some of my sleepiness -- not stop halfway and expect to feel relieved.

This was my yawn interrupted. And I was not pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment