Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer, can't you last forever?

Life doesn't stop just because you will it to. I've figured this out the hard way. You see, school is starting up for me in less than 24 hours -- inservice, that is -- and now that I've had a full month of vacation I've finally settled into the blissful mode of doing nothing. Ordinarily this would frustrate me being jobless and all, but since I purposely chose this lifestyle for the summer, I told myself I would not complain about getting to sleep in, and stay up late, and decide that dinner time is two in the morning. And now that I've tasted this side of life, I really don't care to forfeit it for the sake of pubescent teens who don't give a crap about reading a good book or forming a grammatically correct sentence.
And ever since I returned from my hometown, life has been going nonstop. If it's not a wedding it's soccer daily doubles, and if it's not soccer it's meetings (which will start tomorrow at the ugly time of 7:30), and if it's not a meeting or two it's spending hours at Les Schwab letting them drain me of money I DON'T HAVE. As I contemplate these things, I am also scheduling some time with friends I will never see after classes start because I'll be so exhausted trying to build lesson plans at the last minute or instructing girls on how to do a chest trap without damaging the goods. Goodbye social life, hello high school. Again.

The sun finally broke through the clouds after hovering so close to my window I can almost touch it. Perhaps this is a sign that things are not as bad as they seem. Or God just wants me to see the sun before the perpetual clouds take over the skies. Either way, I am scheduled for a walk in one hour, and there is no way the weather is going to stop me from getting proper exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment