Tuesday, September 1, 2009

When I can't take it anymore, I just sleep.

Nap time should be enforced here in the states. It's recognized in half the world, so why not in the US? People needing sleep (or just wanting a break) in the middle of the day cause a complete halt in the economy for two to three hours everyday. Can't we be stubborn like that and refuse to work in the afternoon? The answer is yes. It's called getting fired. But if Spain, Mexico, and all our southern neighbors can get away with it, why can't Americans? We all get suddenly sleepy and droopy-eyed right after lunch and don't actually snap awake again until four, so why not cut out the lack of economical productivity and rejuvenate our senses with a nap? We would wake up feeling refreshed and focused, and be ready to jump back to work with more vigor than if we slummed it out for a couple of hours, knowing we wouldn't actually get any work done anyway.

Therefore, for the reasons stated above, I declare the hours of 2-4 pm to be official nap hours. Don't expect to do any work during this time; I sure won't. If you want me I'll be in slumber land.

No comments:

Post a Comment