Friday, July 3, 2009

Two-face

Sometimes I wonder, why did God make me like this? How did I turn out the way I am today? And no I'm not talking about my character, or personal problems I may have in my life. For once, I am referring to appearance -- my, ahem, physique. I mean, how do people turn out the way they do? How in the world did I turn out this way? It's always a wonder to me how metabolism and puberty either screw people over royally or give them a boost to model status. Baby fat melts away over night and tans even out perfectly without a hint of a burn. How does this happen? Short chubby girls stretch their fat into a sexy 5'8" frame.

And yet here I stand, 5'2" and the only stretching I've done is horizontal (as evidence in my discreet stretch marks). I don't get it. Why is there no escape from lingering baby fat? I stay active, played sports all my life, and I've never been what anyone would consider 'slim'. I am not about to beat my body into submission to fit the standards of society; however, I do ponder what it would be like to look like one of those girls....to never have to try hard to look absolutely
amazing. There are girls who can roll out of a sleeping bag after camping for a week and still somehow manage to look refreshed, adorable...appealing. And yes, I envy those girls. There's no shame in admitting that. I just can't see how they manage such wonders.


And I never will.


No comments:

Post a Comment