Thursday, July 30, 2009

The end of summer term

It is finished. Well not quite. I still have one more term to go, but it's all student-teaching and no more classes. Which I suppose is also not entirely true. There's one more online course to get through but it's not until the end of August....so it's like having an entire month vacation. :) However abruptly classes finished, an overwhelming feeling of peace flooded me. We've been going full-tilt through this six week course eight hours twice a week, that it is so.....weird to be suddenly done. I feel like there's something more that I have yet to do for classes. Am I missing an assignment? Nope. Everything is turned in, and all presentations are given to classmates who honestly don't care. Not to worry -- I take no offense to a classroom full of people not paying attention to me. In fact, it reminds me of my classes of high school students, so it's good practice for when I have students in a month.
I've been looking forward to the end of this term since the very beginning, and now that it's over I don't really know what is going to happen in the next week and a half. My entire summer revolved around classes and assignments that were due -- that's how I kept track of the days, but now there is nothing to fill my calender....hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment