Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So far:


  1. I teach 8th grade English full-time
  2. Coach soccer (V/JV) in a volunteer capacity
  3. I give voice lessons twice a week to prepare a student for the Fall musical
  4. I tutor a student once a week on their essay-writing skills
  5. I advise the middle school worship band to prep them for MS youth group
  6. I help lead the soccer team's Life Group (accountability/bible study-ish thing)
  7. I juggle a multitude of emails and meetings that are fired on me every day (which could almost be a full-time job)
  8. Create lesson plans, grade assignments, and figure out ways to keep my students awake
  9. and somewhere in between the cracks, I try to have a social life. It hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping it hasn't disappeared completely.

Life is stretched so thin, I don't have time to muster any energy or motivation to be a real asset to students, co-workers, or even myself.




Lesson to be learned:

Just.
Say.
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment