Sunday, July 11, 2010

VIVA ESPANA!!!

Yes folks, Spain just won their first ever World Cup final match. Although they were picked as the favorite (hello? they're Spanish), it was a very hard-fought, and can I say extremely longgggggg game. Being as I am still in the Philippines and we are many time-zones removed from the actual game, dedication dictates that I stay up for the live feed showing at 2:30am (Philippine time).

I can't say that I was all that dedicated during the matches leading up to this epic moment, but when it comes down to the wire, I will be there at the end to see who emerges victorious. It is extremely difficult to watch games here in the Philippines unless I am willing to stay up til all hours of the morning holed up in some sketch sports bar. My family does not have the appropriate sports channels that show the games, and watching the streaming feed online is near impossible with the slow internet. But I can proudly say as a blurry-eyed spectator, that I watched Andres Iniesta put the ball in the net in the 26th minute of overtime. Personally, I hold that he was two steps off-sides when he scored, but whatever; the refs were rubbish anyway.

Spain, you're beautiful.



Yes my friends, this is the face of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment