Saturday, May 30, 2009

What not to wear....


I open up my closet and there is one prevailing color that stands out. It's the dark abyss of blackness. That's right, black has been my color of choice by default -- from my head down to my toes. Yup, I played one mean ninja during school spirit week. So...the black default is effective for one main reason: it hides curves. And believe me, having a plethora of them makes black a very popular color in my book -- or closet actually.

The trouble is, I LOVE color. I wish I could wear all those cute bright summer dresses all the time and look positively slammin. Alas, I will have to content myself with the dark undertones of black, brown and any other dark color I can manage to mix together to make a halfway decent outfit. But I have found out that no matter how much I love color, color does not love me. Won't even give me the time of day. Bright pinks, yellows, blues, and greens look amazing.......on someone else. But the relationship that color and I have does not even border on mutual affection. I take what I can from it -- little snatches of brightness here and there, but for the most part, I have and may always be cloaked in darkness.

So my goal for the summer: completely disregard the spite color has for me, and buy me some bright clothes to banash the darkness in my closet. Anyone down for some shopping?

1 comment:

  1. My dear, remember Audrey Hepburn... and how marvelous she looked in the LBD. As you do.

    ReplyDelete