Saturday, May 2, 2009

My life in food....

Pancakes and eggs

Aside from pizza and fried chicken, pancakes are probably the only other food that can be eaten at any time day or night and still be amazing. I have many fond memories of pancakes -- their warm, bready smell, their light golden brown skin and soft fluffy insides, always served with peanut butter on the side -- yes, they are delicious, and somehow exciting when eaten for dinner; but having just finished off three pancakes, I'll tell you about my morning instead.
You see, I enjoyed my Saturday in the best way possible: by sleeping in until almost eleven. It doesn't happen very often (even on the weekends), but after watching Hugh Jackman on the big screen until 2 in the morning, I allowed myself the luxury. So what did I do when I woke up? Besides making breakfast memories? I watched Hugh Jackman again in the only film I own of him -- Someone Like You. I gotta say, it's been a while since I've seen it, but it still makes me smile. Of course Ashley Judd's theories of men and relating them to cows is completely off-base, but it does make one think......are men simply looking for the next new "cow"? Do they get bored seeing the same face day after day? Is it the woman's job to constantly reinvent herself just to make her pleasing and exciting? Will there conveniently ever be that devilishly nice guy who will sweep me off my feet and surprise me with his not-so-womanizing ways?
And then reality answers with a resounding NO. Call me a pessimist, or a realist, or an unbeliever -- whatever -- but I would love to be proven wrong. Oh sure, I believe in nice guys -- I know plenty of them -- and I believe in cads. But how often are they rolled up into one great person?
But don't worry, I'm not as negative as I seem. :) Listening to the rain outside makes me happy. It has a calming effect. And knowing I'm safe and dry all curled up on the couch makes me even happier.


By the way, they were blueberry pancakes that I had for breakfast. And I dropped an eggshell in my solitary egg. It was supposed to be over-easy, but the yoke broke immediately. It still tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment