This simple recipe is several weeks old, but probably one of my favorite "new" things to make. It's also fairly healthy!
Good meat can be hard to find in Thailand at a reasonable price, which is why I've adjusted much of my cooking to exclude beef, chicken, or fish; instead I like eating zesty veggies and carbs of all kinds--unashamedly I might add!
This time, my meal used avocado as the main ingredient: Avocado-salsa bowls, open-faced egg-avocado sandwich, with tortilla chips on the side. I got the idea for egg-avocado sandwiches (and simplified it) from here: Egg and Avocado Sandwiches
1 avocado, medium-large size
1 red tomato, large, diced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/8 cup yellow and red bell pepper, chopped
Cilantro finely chopped (to taste)
1 hard-boiled egg
Paprika (sprinkled to taste)
Bread of choice (I used Spinach sweet bread)
|Avocado-salsa bowl and open-faced avocado-egg sandwich.|
- Cut avocado in half length-wise and remove the pit
- Carve a shallow bowl into both sides of the avocado and put the extra avocado in a small bowl
- Remove the shell of the boiled egg and dice egg before placing with the extra avocado
- Mash together the avocado with the egg and set aside
- Combine the tomato, onion, bell peppers, and cilantro in bowl to make the salsa
- Scoop the salsa into the avocado 'bowls'
the avocado-egg mixture on bread (optional: toast the bread before
putting the avocado-egg mixture on top), and sprinkle paprika on top
- There you go -- it's time to eat!