Saturday, December 19, 2009

Done and done.

Yesterday at 3:10pm I officially ended my student-teaching career. One school year is not a career, you might say, but let me tell you something: I feel like student-teaching has sucked 10 years of my life. Now on a Saturday, not only do I NOT have to worry about which assignments to avoid grading (and later feel guilty about ), I also don't need to worry about what the kids are going to do in class on Monday (I actually haven't done that for weeks now....oops). It's hard leaving the 'teacher' mindset though. I keep catching myself worrying about assignments students still haven't turned in, or thinking that today's a school day and I'm late for work. These are the scars I wear. To be fair, I enjoyed teaching at Central, I honestly did. But Christmas break is a MUCH NEEDED escape from being utterly, prudishly, and boringly responsible.

I may not be a college student anymore, but I sure feel like acting like one. Give me a moment to discard my hefty master's degree for a day or two, and become a lowly college student once again. The land of irresponsibility, asking parents for money (which I refuse to do), and sleeping in because classes don't start until noon -- those were the good days.

No, I cannot shed the degree I earned through blood, sweat, and tears, but I can turn my attention to more important things, such as: sleeping in, reading my arsenal of books, crocheting, writing/sending Christmas cards, wrapping gifts, watching movies, writing my novels, and packing for my trip home tomorrow. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas break everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment